National Conference 2019
In 2019, our annual National Conference will be from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th October.
Bishop Keith Sinclair
Our speaker for our 2019 National Conference will be Bishop Keith Sinclair. He will be teaching us from the books of 1 and 2 Thessalonians and exploring some questions with us:
- What was the relationship between apostle and people that we see in these letters? What is our experience?
- What questions were raised by living in the ancient world about Christ’s lordship and coming again? What are our questions and where do we find encouragement?
- How did the Thessalonians learn from their encounters with the living God, and from the outworking of his grace and the expectation of his glory?
Bishop Keith will also be helping us to apply the Thessalonian experience to what TFT members find in their local churches.
Bishop Keith Sinclair originally hailed from London and worked as a solicitor before ordination in the Church of England in 1984. He was a curate in a Birmingham inner-city parish while also serving part-time as a chaplain in a children’s hospital. Bishop Keith went on to serve as a vicar for over 18 years in Coventry and Birmingham before being consecrated as Bishop of Birkenhead in 2007. He is a long term supporter of True Freedom Trust and describes his passions as “evangelism, justice and renewal”. He is married to Rosie, a part-time lecturer in Law and they have three children. Bishop Keith enjoys rugby, walking and watching films while his musical tastes include black gospel music and the work of Johann Bach.
A choice of three seminars will be on offer late Saturday afternoon:
- Crash Course: What Does The Bible Say About Same Sex Relationships?
- Sharing Life Together
- Biblical Marriage With Same Sex Attraction?
The event will be held at a conference centre in Shropshire, England. Details will be confirmed upon booking.
The cost of attending the whole weekend is £165 per person, with other options available for those only able to come for part of the time. A 25% discount is available to active Voluntary Workers and Trustees, with a 50% discount available for the unwaged/unemployed.
By restricting attendance at our events to Members, who have all agreed with our Basis and Code of Confidentiality, we ensure our events are safe for those attending to share in confidence. If you are already a TFT member, please click below to book your place:Book Conference